This will eventually be a fairly large list of everything I’ve used in learning Japanese language.
Websites Using Daily
- NihongoMaster.com – Probably my favorite all-time resource, helps me learn everything – kana, kanji, grammar, and reading and listening skills. Oh yes, even helps with writing (stroke order)! Uses SRS system drills, and is customizable if you think you need more practice.
- WaniKani.com – Hands down the ultimate Kanji learning resource out there. Uses mnemonics and SRS.
Websites Using Sometimes
- https://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php – A bit overwhelming and disorganized, but awesome listening practice!
- http://yesjapan.com/YJ6/ and books – Offers tons of reading, writing, and listening practice if you use it all
- http://www.gpb.org/irasshai/japanese-i (free) – not so much anymore since my attention span for half hour videos is low, but some people might like it.
- https://elon.io/learn-japanese/lessons#1453195384012260 (free) – I like this because it helps you learn how to write the kanji too.
- Tai Kim’s Guide to Learning Japanese – nice, free resource. I just prefer gamified learning resources.
- Japanese from Zero: 1
- Japanese Hiragana and Katakana for Beginners (actually I’m done with this, was great to learn Kana!)
- Genki I – this is the book most people are using for grammar., if they’re using a book
- Remembering the Kanji
- The Kodansha Kanji Learner’s Course: A Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering 2300 Characters
- Human Japanese – awesome app for learning grammar and more
- WaniKani app
- JapanesePod101 app – easy to use on the go